Hello and Happy Wednesday! I hope your week has been going well! I've been sick for a few days but I do believe the meds are kicking in! Thank goodness! I'm super excited about this week's Paper Craft Crew Challenge! It's a color challenge that is perfect for Christmas and you know I still need to finish some of my Christmas cards!
Why was I so excited about this color challenge?? Because I had purchased a brand new Concord & 9th Stamp called "Barnwood Background" from my friend Justin at the Stamp, Ink, Paper Store! I don't know what Barns looks like around where you live but here in Middle Tennessee they are Red and usually have "See Rock City" painted on the roof!
So... what color are Barns in your area? I thought all barns were painted red but my husband told me that the Rock City folks painted the barns red as payment to paint their advertisement on the roof.
Ok, so I knew I wanted to use the Barnwood Background Stamp with Red because in my mind, that's the color barns are. lol Then I remembered another awesome stamp set that I bought from the Stamp, Ink, Paper store.. Hero Arts Color Layering Cardinal! So I combined the two and this is what I came up with. I love it!
Ok, so let's get started with the scoop on this one. I started with an 11 x 4 1/4" base, scored at 5 1/2" for a side folding card. For the barnwood background, I stamped first in Versamark, and then in SU Real Red Ink and then stamped it on a piece of 5 x 3 3/4" SU Crumb Cake Cardstock. I then sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and heat embossed it. Next I stamped the limbs with SU Chocolate Chip Ink onto more of the Crumb Cake Cardstock. I also stamped the Pine Sprigs onto Crumb Cake with SU Garden Green Ink. I then cut all of these pieces out with the coordinating dies by Hero Arts and adhered them with 2-way glue onto the Barnwood layer. The Cardinal was stamped onto Layering Weight Ivory cardstock by Gina K Designs. The 1st layer was stamped with a light coat of SU Real Red Ink, the second layer was a heavier layer of SU Real Red Ink, and the third layer was stamped in SU Cherry Cobbler Ink. The face mask layer was stamped in SU Archival Black Ink as were the feet. I cut out the cardinal and feet with the coordinating dies. I then attached the feet to the bird with fast fuse and then attached the Cardinal with foam dimensionals. The "Peace" die was a freebie that I received from Taylored Expressions and it was cut from Gina K Designs Christmas Pine Cardstock. I cut it out twice and glued the layers together for a bit more dimension and then added it with 2 way glue to the bottom of the stamped layer. I then attached that layer to a 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" of Christmas Pine and then mounted that on my Real Red Card Base. I love how it turned out and I hope you like it half as much as I did. Thanks so much for stopping by!