Tuesday, May 25, 2021

The Spot Challenge #163 Sketch Challenge with the beautiful Expressions in Ink Suite from Stampin' Up!

 Hello Friends!  I hope your week is off to a fabulous start!!  I had a wonderful weekend with lots of crafting time!  I finally received my first shipment from the New Stampin' Up! Catalog and I can tell you one suite is really standing out to me... Expressions in Ink!  It is absolutely stunning!!  I fell in love with it when I first saw the new Annual Catalog!  The DSP with the Alcohol Ink look and the gold is absolutely amazing!  The stamps are some of the most fab images I have seen!  It is seriously hard to describe the look that can be achieved from just rubber stamps, ink and paper!  So... since it is Tuesday it's time for another Design Team post for the New Challenge over at The Spot Challenge Blog!

Cute Sketch, right?  Of course I had to take advantage of the beautiful new Expressions In Ink Suite for this week's card.  I hope you love this suite as much as I do!

When I saw the sketch, I thought of a little fun fold that uses two different DSPs.  I have no idea what it's called but it's a simple one with just an extra score line.  

Here's another look at it...

I started with a Magenta Madness Card Base that measured 11" x 4-1/4" and scored at 4" and 5-1/2".  I layered on a layer of Evening Evergreen Cardstock that measured 5-1/8" x 3-7/8" that was scored 1-1/4" and adhered to the front card panel making sure that the score line matches up with the score line on the Magenta Madness Card Base.  Next I layered on two coordinating panels of the Expressions in Ink DSP that measured 1-1/8" x 3-3/4" and 3-7/8" x 3/3/4".  The left portion of the card before the scoreline was adhered with Multipurpose Adhesive.  I ran some of white baker's twine around that section twice and knotted it at the top and added a small piece of the Pale Papaya Open Weave Ribbon before tying the knot.  The tag was cut in Evening Evergreen Cardstock using the Tailor Made Tag Dies.  The little reinforcement piece of the tag was cut in the new Gold Metallic Specialty Paper.  On a scrap piece of Basic White Cardstock I stamped the flower from the Artistically Inked Stamp set in Pale Papaya.  I also stamped the three small flowers from the set in Magenta Madness.  The flowers were then cut out using the coordinating Artistic Dies.  I stamped the best wishes sentiment from the stamp set in Versamark and heat embossed it in gold.  I ran a small piece of the Pale Papaya Open Weave Ribbon through the hole in the tag and adhered the tag to the front of the card making sure it was not adhered to the portion of the card that does not open so that the tag would not bend.  With glue dots I added some of the Gold leaves from the Expressions in Ink Ephemera Pack and then added the large flower with Dimensionals and two of the three smaller flowers with Mini Dimensionals.  The smallest of the three flowers was adhered with a glue dot.  Finally I added three of the adhesive backed sequins from the Ephemera Pack to the tag to finish off the front of the card.

For the inside..

The inside layer was a 3-7/8" x 4" panel of Basic White.  I stamped some of the images from the stamp set on the lower left corner in Pale Papaya, Magenta Madness and Just Jade ink before adhering with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive to the inside. 

That's it for my card share today.  I hope you loved it as much as I did.  Blessings, Tina
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment